Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Will the Real Cakelady Please Stand Up?

Meet Mama Cakelady!

In all the hustle and bustle of baking, tasting, and organizing opportunities for Taste and See it occurred to me that I failed to introduce you to the real face of Taste and See.  This wonderful woman is the driving force behind Taste and See.  You guys rarely hear from her because she's usually busy baking.  Taste and See is a vision that has been long in the making- in a way, Anne (my mom- AKA Mama Cakelady) has been preparing for this most of her life.  As long as I can remember my mother has been proficient in the kitchen.  Her impressive cooking and baking has always been a trait of her's I've been proud to show off.  Growing up all of our friends wanted to come over to our house to eat, if we were having a bad day Mom knew just what to make to help cheer us up, and holidays were a wonderful time when we got to spend days in the kitchen preparing for big meals that we would eat leftovers from for days.  For all of our birthdays we had wonderful homemade cakes that my mom would bake just for us- always making sure it was our favorite.  The kitchen, baking, and food were a big part of our home, and in a way we all bonded over it.  Visiting, talking, laughing, playing games or cards after a holiday meal, or just catching up over a cup of coffee- much of our family time in our home was spent around food and in the kitchen.

While my baking skills are still at Novice Level, Mama Cakelady is at the Master Level.  She's showing me the ropes, baking and perfecting recipes that she then passes on to me with notes on how to emulate it so it can be just like hers.  She carries most of the burden of baking so far, but I hope I can soon catch up!  We're a great team and I'm blessed to have her foraging the path on our adventure!


Psalm 34:8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed Is the man who trusts in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment